Ordering a bespoke celebration cake is exciting and I aim to get it completely right and suitable for you. To help this process please take a few minutes to read the guide below:
- Unless you're happy to give me 'free artistic licence' please be as specific as possible - perhaps a a certain colour scheme, layout and style, and details that you would definitely like included.
- Please do send me some images of cakes that you like and we can collaborate ideas. I do need to be careful not to plagiarize another design and also the copyright of characters and images.
- Consider the size of cake you'll need i.e. how many servings, and that with a smaller cake I will be limited with the detail that can be included.
- Please also consider your budget for the cake. My pricing guide can be helpful for this Cake Pricing
- Fondant models can be created for you and are priced according to complexity. They will most likely contain some supporting structures (such as cocktail sticks and skewers) and upright figures will require delivery and set up. A hardening agent will be added to the fondant and the figures are suitable for decoration only rather than consumption. Models of people are based on a caricature rather than a true likeness.
- Cakes of two tiers or more will usually require delivery and set up at the venue.
- I can often accommodate orders at short notice for simpler cakes. However, as much notice as possible is ideal, and particularly if I need to order in toppers or specific ingredients for you I need at least two weeks notice.
- Once we have finalised your order I will email my invoice, which includes important information on handling and storing your cake. Full payment is required upon ordering (bank transfer details will be on the invoice), or if your order is over £100 in value you can pay a 50% non-refundable deposit with the balance due one week prior to collection/delivery.
Please note that until payment/deposit is received your order remains unconfirmed.
- You can make minor alterations to your order up to one week before delivery/collection.